- January 13, 2017
- International Association of Black Actuaries (IABA) is Accepting Scholarship Applications
The International Association of Black Actuaries (IABA) scholarship is seeking undergraduate and post-baccalaureate minority student applicants (particularly students of African descent originating from the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and African nations).
- December 14, 2016
- Simon Lecture strengthens MSU's Actuarial Science Program
The Simon Actuarial Science Lecture aims to strengthen Michigan State University’s Actuarial Science Program by connecting students, faculty, alumni and industry leaders in actuarial science for an evening of scholarship and community.
- September 10, 2015
- MSU's Actuarial Science Program names new director
- June 15, 2015
- MSU on the list of UCAP offering 5 prelim exams
The MSU actuarial program is now on the Society of Actuaries (SOA) list of Universities and Colleges with Actuarial Programs (UCAP) offering all 5 preliminary actuarial exams and all Validation by Educational Experience (VEE) courses.
- June 12, 2015
- Students pass actuarial exams in Summer 2015
Congratulations to the following students for passing at least one Exam P or FM in Summer 2015: C. Calderone, L. Chen, T. Conte, Y. He, X. Lao, A. Newell, J. Strong.
- June 9, 2015
- The New MSU Actuarial Online Exam C
We are happy to launch our new online quiz for the Society of Actuaries (SOA) Exam C. It is intended to simulate "computer-based test" covering the materials for this exam. This MSU-funded project was completed by S. Hanover and E.A. Valdez. Click here to try.
- June 6, 2015
- Students passed actuarial exams in Spring 2015
Congratulations to the following students for passing at least one of Exam FM or P in Spring 2015: R. Beier, J. Borto, P. Brodesser, T. DeWildt-Christensen, B. Edlbeck, A. Fialka, X. Ma and K. Sarkar.
- May 6, 2015
- Actuarial students receive awards at the Math Department ceremony
Actuarial students were honored at the Department of Mathematics awards ceremony held on May 1, 2015.
- February 6, 2015
- MSU to host Michigan Actuarial Society meeting on March 18, 2015
- The MSU actuarial science program is proud to host the next Michigan Actuarial Society meeting at the EAST Lansing campus. It is scheduled for Wednesday, March 18, 2015. All actuarial majors (and specializations) are welcome to attend. Pizza will be served.
- January 20, 2015
- Students passed actuarial exams in Fall 2014
- Congratulations to the following students for passing at least one of Exam FM or P in Fall 2014: Z. Ryske, A. Canfield, E. Bramos, S. Hanover, X. Ma, M. Berghorst, V. Saferian and T.T. Yeung.
- November 12, 2014
- Ron and Mary Simon Actuarial Science Lecture
- The 2014 Simon Actuarial Science lecture was held on Friday, November 7, with a keynote address by Karen Clark on Catastrophe Modeling. Watch lecture here.
- September 10, 2014
- Simon endowment
- Simon endowment "insures" future of actuarial science program
- May 14, 2014
- Congratulations to our new scholars
- C. Beck, A. Brouliette, S. Mathers, J. Regan II, J. Wang and E. White receive this year's scholarship awards.
- April 28, 2014
- Come learn "All about Actuarial Exams"
- Jacob Geyer and Emil Valdez will give an overview of the actuarial professional exams to all interested students on Wednesday, August 27, 2014.
- February 14, 2014
- Save the Date
- The 3rd Ron and Mary Simon Lecture Series is scheduled for Friday, November 7, 2014.
- December 20, 2013
- AS Special Section
- December 5, 2013
- Thinking about becoming an actuary?
Josh Sober, Michigan State University alumnus, gives advices from an actuary to those thinking about holding one of the "top jobs in America."
- By Josh Sober